Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Beautiful Waters

I have come to see the beach as my favorite place to be. The way the waves wash up against the sand or splash up against the piers is slightly mesmerizing to me. I love to walk along the water's edge tempting, in a way, the water to splash up on my feet. The way the sand goes back to how it once was after you stop on it amuses me. My favorite time to walk is at night. The sky is dark, the stars are out, and the world seems peaceful as the water rhythmically pushes up against the sand. It's almost like a whole different world at night.
This past weekend I was able to go to the beach with some friends. We were at Myrtle Beach and the night life was just getting started, but down by the water's edge it was as if not another soul existed. Something about the dark sky, salty smell, cool water, and rough sand just makes me pause for a second and just exist. It's the one place that makes me just be still for a few minutes. My heart feels at ease, my minds loosens it's grip on the duties of my life, and I allow myself to just take in the moment and just embrace the beauty of the ocean.
It's so vast and at night it seems so ominous yet inviting. The thought of not knowing what might be lurking in the waters in front of me sends a chill up my spine as I stare out. The mystery intrigues me and with each tumbling wave I find my gaze being held longer. There's something magical about the ocean, and I love how it draws me in.










No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what's on your mind!