Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Never Ending Struggle

It is so easy to get caught up in everything that is going on in our lives. I find that days have passed before my eyes and I feel like I've barely blinked. What's worse is that sometimes I feel as if months have flown by without my knowing. I hate thinking about days gone past and not being able to remember certain parts of them. Knowing that a part of my life is just gone and I can't get it back can be kind of daunting. About a year ago, after my cousin passed away from a bad car accident, I kind of realized that life is so short. None of us can ever know when our last day on earth will be. I have always thought of life as something sacred but the day I learned of Lace's passing, my view changed. 
By thinking that life is short doesn't mean that we should go crazy wild and do whatever we would like. We still have to be responsible with what God has given us. It's important to be mindful of how we're spending our time. Each breath that we're take is a gift that we should be more than thankful for. Time is so valuable and is something that we cannot make more of. Maybe that's why I don't like to sit around and be idle. 
I have to be honest though, I haven't exactly done my best at this lately. I am taking two online classes this semester, one anthropology and the other philosophy, and lately I've been neglecting my responsibilities in those classes. I don't do well with sitting down and reading things that I am told I have to read. But, right now, those classes are the two things that are my responsibility, and I need to do the best that I can in those classes. 
It's almost funny the sort of things that can pop into my mind the minute I sit down to work on homework in these classes. My mind can be completely focused on the thought of doing homework all day, but when I sit down to actually do it, my mind goes else where and remains lost there. It's a never ending struggle. Homework isn't the only area I struggle with this. Sitting down to read the Bible or spend time with God is unfortunately just as hard, sometimes harder. It's a struggle, but I'm still willing to fight back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what's on your mind!