Saturday, November 20, 2010

My take at craftiness

Every Christmas comes around...obviously, and every year, I run out of ideas as to what sort of gifts to buy for my niece and nephews. They are all very close in age and love the same things so one would think it would be easy. But, I have deemed myself Aunt Becky, the cool aunt, which means I feel an added pressure to get them something slightly unique, or at least super cool according to their standards. This year I have been inspired by a friend to be crafty, but I don't really consider myself to be a very crafty person. So, what's "crafty" yet easy but likeable by most? A tie fleece blanket. Yep, super easy to construct and not that time consuming. The best thing is, you can't really mess up! I will be honest, if the scissors you are using are the slightest bit dull, then this task will be very frustrating to you.
I have made one, am in the process of making the second, and will have two more to complete. I think I might even try to make a pillow with the excess material I have. Guess you could say I'm on a roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what's on your mind!