Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Being Grateful

I think that sometimes when we ask God for something, we automatically assume that he's going to deliver what we expect. I am coming to firmly believe God loves to see the look of surprise on my face followed by the quick glimpse of panic. I have gone from having multiple jobs to no job to tons of interviews to one job followed by more interviews. I am currently faced with a difficult decision of "which one do I do?" I have a heart for kids, I love taking care of them no matter what the ages and I get a sense of peace even in the most chaotic of times when I know I am going to be watching kids. Even when they act up, a smile spreads across my face. I think it's in my blood. My mom always says that the love of kids is in the Peck blood, but I'm pretty sure I get it from her and dad. She's been in a childcare setting for well over 20 years. I remember when I was little thinking I wanted to be a babysitter when I grew up. *chuckles a little*
God has presented me with a lot of different opportunities, and my first reaction was to say "hey, wait a minute! I only wanted one job, not multiple to choose from! What are you doing to me?" Instead, I should be thanking God for being overly generous and then ask him to help me weed through the possibilities. I am so quick to tell him that he has delivered something that I don' want. Thanking him is something that generally doesn't come naturally, but it needs to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what's on your mind!