Monday, August 15, 2011

My not so secret love

I don't know what it is, but whenever you stick me in a kitchen and even hint toward the possibility of me cooking, I get super excited. I'm not talking like a little bit more than happy excited. No, I'm talking like so over joyed that my insides might just come bursting out kind of excited. Whether it's baking cookies, a cake, muffins, brownies or some other baked good, grilling hamburgers or chicken, or cooking spaghetti, meatloaf, manicotti, twice baked potatoes, or another super good recipe I am ready and willing to hop elbow deep into the ingredients with my nose buried in the cookbook.
I can remember my mom always baking cookies. I swear we had homemade cookies freshly baked at least twice a week. I remember watching her add all the ingredients from her memory, and I wondered how in the world she knew just how to do it. Well, 20 years later I know- repetition. Give me a fully stocked kitchen and I can whip up a batch of chocolate chip cookies with my eyes closed. The recipe is burned into my brain.
I find it funny that during the stressful times in my life I have an urge to bake and wear comfy clothes (simply because I usually end up eating all the goodies).
You know it's going to be a good day if my apron comes out of hiding and there's some tunes on in the background.

It's the simple things....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what's on your mind!