Sunday, August 14, 2011

Inspire...

There are things in this life that remind me just how wonderful it is to be alive. I stumble across objects that inspire me,and I have captured the memories of them so that I may always be reminded to live to inspire others...
Elegant.... A simple flower, at first glance, yet so fragile and complex. Breathtaking yet dangerous 

Bold....Powerful...Respected...Beautiful...

Inviting yet mysterious. Appealing yet suspicious. Each wave brings something new to the surface while burying others to it's dark depths

Brilliant... Sunsets usher in colors and warmth that leave you speechless yet they bring along with them the end to something familiar while making way for something unknown...

As I sit here writing, thinking about things that stop me in my tracks and demand my attention, I am listening to a storm. The rain is light, almost a drizzle, but the thunder is strong and loud. It shakes the walls and rattles the windows. The lightning demands my attention as it fills my dark room. It's as if they are competing for my attention...the thunder continues while the lightning fills the sky.
I am inspired by each of these things. Roses, like many other flowers, are things I cannot simply walk past without noticing. The intricate detail of the petals or the vibrant colors or the sweet smell draws me in.
Waterfalls capture me and leave me speechless. The majestic power hurling the water forward entrances me while the roar drowns out all other distractions. 
The ocean, with it's rhythmic tune, fills me with wonder. The waves as they crash up against the sand then so quickly retreat back into the deep fill my mind yet leave it relaxed. The movement of the waves over the sand that tantalize my feet as I walk along the water's edge encourages thought and wonder. 
Sunsets, with all their glorious vibrancy, take with it all the cares of that day leaving me relieved yet it brings with it the knowledge of a new day that's soon to follow. A day that holds the unknown.
Storms bring rain that refreshes and revives the earth yet can destroy in a matter of seconds. The thunder and lightning. while spectacular, also allow a sense of fear to settle in...fear of the possibilities that may arise in the its fury.
What inspires you? 
What makes you stop in your tracks and demands your attention? 
What reminds you that life, despite it's lows, is worth living to the fullest?
Dream...
            Inspire...
                         Live....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what's on your mind!