Friday, June 17, 2011

Sanity...Where are you?

Deodorant...Check. Journal...Check. Hair brush...Check. Camera...Check. Toothbrush...Check.
Oh how I love to pack! Okay, so that was a lie. I love traveling but detest the days I spend before hand trying to figure out what I need to shove into my bag. I guess I wouldn't hate it as much if unpacking was not waiting for me at the end of the trip.
I leave in roughly 29 hours! Actually, I leave in about 27 hours since I have to leave my house 2 hours before the group is meeting at the airport. I feel like I've checked, double checked, rechecked, and checked some more the 3 bags that I have crammed full of stuff, and yet I sit here trying to figure out what in the world I'm forgetting! I think in the craziness of packing I somehow managed to pack my sanity, and I have no clue if it's in an Africa bag or a moving box! There are so many things that I know I need to do tomorrow before I leave, but I honestly cannot remember what any of them are. And, remember how much I love to make lists? Yeah, well those lists are of no use when they can't be found (probably another item lost in the shuffle)!
Despite the craziness my life has consisted of the past couple of months, I am so excited to go on this trip and to move into a new apartment. Although I find change slightly intimidating, I love the challenge it brings and can't wait to find out just what exactly there is in store for me.
I had to say goodbye to Mr. Man and Miss Magee today. I won't see them for 3 weeks and realizing that broke my heart. Mr. Man will be walking (I can almost guarantee it), and Miss Magee will be even more full of life...and words! They were brought into my life at exactly the right moment. I needed them in a way that I didn't even know, and now I can't imagine my life without them there. It's funny how I thought I was going to be taking care of them and helping them grow up in this world, and yet, they have somehow taught me a thing or two. Who knew?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what's on your mind!