Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Africa

I know that a few of my posts have consisted of my trip to Africa. For a while, I have felt as if this trip was something in the future. As money began to come in, I was excited but felt as if the trip would never come. Now, with only 4 days to pack and prepare myself, I am beginning to feel the pressure. The realization that I will be in another country on another continent half way around the world surrounded by other people speaking another language and submerged in a different culture is just overwhelming to me! Knowing that I will be on a plane for almost 24 hours is yet another thought that is currently swarming my brain.
There is so much to do- things to pack, things to buy to pack, mail to stop, bills to make sure are paid, things to finalize for my move, and the list goes on and on. It wouldn't be so stressful if I didn't have to work, but this week is one of those weeks with crazy hours that start early and seem to never end (good thing I love my job!). I am so worried I will forget to pack something that I have made lists of what to pack (3 to be exact), and I know that more will come to my mind as I begin the packing process. Right now, things are currently thrown into my bag, but I need to go through it and actually organize it a little.
Despite all that needs to be done in preparation for this trip, I am ecstatic to go. I cannot wait to set foot in another country, meet new people, and see all the faces of the children light up when they see what we have brought with us. I cannot wait to see how I much I will be stretched through this whole process. I honestly don't really know what I am "getting myself into," and I won't until I get over there. I am looking forward to serving in any way that I can. I know that it will be a stretch for me, and I can almost guarantee that I will be ripped out of my comfort zone. But, I can also guarantee that it will all be worth it in the end.
I look forward to writing about my trip when I return!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what's on your mind!