Friday, June 3, 2011

The Best Kind of Days

It's days like today when the sun is shining, the breeze is faint yet cooling, the humidity is lower than usual, and the kids are entertained by the sandbox and bubbles that I sit back and feel so content. In the midst of crazy car issues, an apartment in disarray, insurance decisions, and packing for Africa (not to mention the day to day issues that pop up for a little surprise), I am able to feel relaxed and happy. On days like today, I feel as if all is right in the world. It reminds me of all the summers I spent as a kid carefree, just happy to be playing outside. The laughter and smiles that are in the background as I type fill my heart with joy, and I can't help but laugh a little too.
Summer is my favorite season. The sun, the humidity, the cool evening breezes, the occasional thunderstorm, the picnics, the nights spent staring at the stars, the sound of the ocean waves crashing onto the shore,the intensity of sunrises and sunsets, they;re all a part of why I love this season. I find myself so excited in the morning when I walk out my front door and feel the warmth, even at 6am! I can't help but feel happier. I can't think of any other kind of day that beats these.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what's on your mind!