Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day, Dad

Growing up, I was so blessed with the parents that I had. Since Father's Day is approaching, and I will not be here to write this then, I decided to just write a little something about my dad.
When I think about him, I instantly think of how he enjoys kids, and how much they enjoy him. Much of how I have come to interact with kids has come from watching him. They flock to him without him even attracting attention to himself. He is a man of few words. His thoughts, when spoken, are formed with intention. His goal being to communicate exactly what he wants the other person to understand in the way he wants them to understand it. I love his smirk that sneaks across his face when he is goofing around, and I love watching funny movies with him because of his contagious laugh. He is a strong figure that has been consistent in my life, and I am so thankful for that.

He has a love for the outdoors, and most of my childhood summer memories are of us fishing up at our camp or out on the boat at a lake near home.



His love for God and his family is inspiring. His strong work ethics have been passed down to his children, and I am so thankful for the example that he laid before me. 
Happy Father's Day, Dad. I wish I could be there to give you a hug and tell you how much I love you. You mean a lot to me, and I miss you....
Love ya.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what's on your mind!