Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Song for the Moment

I have found a song that so perfectly summarized my life right now (and probably for many years to come). If you choose to read the lyrics I have left below, take time to think about the words. If you choose not to, then I suggest looking it up and listening to it.
Change in the Making by Addison Road....

There's a better version of me that I can't quite see.
But things are gonna change.
Right now I'm a total mess and right now I'm completely incomplete.
But things are gonna change cause you're not through with me yet.
This is redemption's story.
With every step that I am taking every day, you're chipping away what I don't need.
This is me under construction.
This is my pride being broken, and every day I'm closer to who I'm meant to be.
I am a change in the making.
Wish I could live more patiently
Wish I could give a little more of me without stopping to think twice
Wish I had faith like a little child
Wish I could walk a single mile without tripping on my own feet,
But you're not through with me yet.
From the dawn of history you make new and you redeem
From a broken world to a broken heart you finish what you start in everything
Like a river rolls into the sea
We're not who we're going to be, but things are going to change
I am living a redemption's story with every step that I am taking
Every day, you're chipping away what I don't need
This is me under construction
This is my pride being broken
And every day I'm closer to who I'm meant to be
I am a change in the making
I am not who I am gonna be
Moving closer to your glory

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what's on your mind!