Thursday, January 20, 2011

Monkey See, Monkey Do...

I take care of two little ones that I absolutely adore. Each day they make me smile by the silly things they do or attempt to say. I find myself learning from them each day too. Today, I found myself thinking about how much my little sweets (the girl) imitates what she sees. Elmo will say or do something, and she will try to say or do it. I was feeding her little brother (little man), and she was busy occupying herself with her toys. I saw her grab her teddy and carry him ever so gently while picking up her little brothers toys. The way she set up the toys was how I set them up for her brother. As I was watching her, I realized that little kids aren't the only ones who imitate what they see.
It dawned on me that everyone is impressionable. I can think back and remember of many instances where I demonstrated the same actions. It's easier to imitate someone's actions rather than going against the grain and making your own.
It's amazing what two kids under the age of two can teach a person!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what's on your mind!