Friday, January 14, 2011

Music... It Can Touch our Core

Have you ever thought about how much music is threaded throughout our society? Everywhere you go, from the public restrooms to the dentist office, there is music playing. I, for one, listen to music every day from the time I wake up til the time I go to sleep.
I heard on the radio that music is a quick way to a person's soul. I had to agree with that statement. I began to think about it though. What about music makes a phrase touch us enough to send tears streaming down our face, produce anger, provide strength, or give encouragement. What is it about words to a tune that can touch our hearts? Most people can memorize a good majority of a song just after hearing it once or twice. I have a difficult time keeping things in my long term memory, but if you were to play a song that I use to listen to back when I was ten, I would probably be able to remember a good majority of the song.
Thinking about that blows me away. Just imagine how much music could impact this whole world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what's on your mind!