Thursday, July 7, 2011

Cluttered house, cluttered mind

So many things have been on my mind as of late. Things like "now where are my kitchen utensils" or "which box should I open next?" If you were a fly on my wall yesterday, you would have heard things like, "are you serious?! No internet again? Gosh, why can't Time Warner work for me just this once?!" Or, you might have heard "where did I just put that hammer and nail?" I have been back in the states for 5 whole days, and I am ready to leave again. It's not that I don't enjoy being back. I do, to an extent. Being completely disconnected from the world was refreshing. As soon as I boarded the plane for Ethiopia, I turned my phone off and planned on not talking to another person in the US til I returned.
Upon my return, I was greeted by 7 voicemails, 4 of which were in regards to insurance issues that called for urgent responses. I felt like as soon as we touched down in DC, everything was a blur. People were rushing, conversations were sped up, and politeness was no where to be found. It was nice to be removed from all that for a while, but I am back now and things demand my attention. Things like the boxes hiding behind my spare bedroom door awaiting the contents to be removed.
I want to sit down and write out all the memories I made and the lessons I learned while in Kenya, but until my life is no longer cluttered by unpacked boxes, I will keep the memories and lessons to myself. Bare with me, I promise I will share them as soon as I am able to put my full attention to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what's on your mind!