Friday, October 15, 2010

To soothe my soul, calm my nerves, and clear my thoughts...

Writing, it's the way I clear out the congestion that's inside my head. There's something refreshing about seeing my thoughts written out on paper. It almost makes some of the more pressing matters seem less stressful. It's also kind of nice to look back and read what I wrote when I was in junior high/high school. Most of it is more on the comical side, but there are some things that are just as relevant now as they were then. To me, writing, whether it's a book, letter, scattered thoughts, or a journal entry, is a way to freeze a little piece of time.
Writing doesn't necessarily calm my nerves. For that I hop in my car and drive. Take a left here, a right there, go straight for a few miles, and then wonder "where the heck am I?" To some that is more like a recipe for disaster and wasted gas, but to me it's how I relax. Something about driving aimlessly and exploring new areas gets my mind off of whatever was bothering me and replaces it with an adventure.
What calms you down and clears your mind?

1 comment:

  1. Becky-- sweet to of you to encourage me. My turn. ; ) Just these 2 snippets from your mind, I can tell you are a thinker AND a writer-- so keep writing!! This particular post describes my thoughts on writing to a "T". "clears the congestion in my head"- love that.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what's on your mind!