Monday, October 18, 2010

Changing of Seasons

I think sometimes I take for granted the beauty of each season. I tend to be the girl who is freezing even in the summer, so I naturally appreciate summer more than the other seasons. But, as I sit here at my dining room table looking out my window, I can't help but notice the amazing colors that the trees are beginning to show. I find it amazing that a tree once crisp green can produce bright reds, golden yellows, and glowing orange hues. It's almost breath taking. I am sitting here wishing I was back home in the finger lakes region of New York because the fall colors are displayed throughout the surrounding hills and mountains.
I look at these colors and am so thankful that the Creator of this world is so artistic. Not only does he make the trees beautiful colors in different seasons, but he also has made birds with different songs, animals with different quirks, and humans with different personalities, and each thing, in their own way is beautiful and perfect in his eye. That perfection includes me. I, like most, sometimes second guess my beauty. I am so thankful that the God of this universe views me as perfect. Just looking at the beauty of his creation I am reminded that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. The world may see imperfections, but to Him, there are no imperfections. To Him, I am his beautiful daughter that he chose to form and develop.

Leaves starting to change in NC
Flowers and trees budding in spring

Summer crispness
Back home in the winter
I love the change of seasons, although, I will be honest, I do NOT like the cold weather that comes with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what's on your mind!