Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Thing

Everyone has there own "thing" that they turn to when they just need to relax and enjoy themselves. For some, it's a good book, others a bubble bath. There are a few who might turn to shopping, driving, or watching a movie. For me, it's baking. There is something so relaxing and refreshing about baking. From the point of making sure you have all the ingredients to the point of eating that super tasty...and probably very fattening... morsel that you just created.
I am not an amazing baker by any means, but I think that the end products are usually quite tasty. Today, I made cream cheese sugar cookie cutouts (courtesy of my cousin's recipes) and mint chocolate delights (courtesy of a nestle's dark chocolate & mint chip bag). I am not the most organized cook, it's one of the areas of my life that I appear to be unorganized and chaotic in. But, it seems to work for me, so why attempt to change it?
I was rather messy today. But then again, who isn't messy when working with cocoa powder and flour? Let's just say, one should not use the electric hand mixer to blend cocoa powder with eggs and butter! The cocoa powder is close to the same fluffiness as flour, and I know that it's better to mix flour in by hand. Why I didn't think of that when using the cocoa powder? I have no clue!
Looking back at all my times of baking, I have come to see a pattern. Many late nights have been spent listening to music and making a mess of the kitchen. I get so excited about it that I feel like a little kid again (maybe that's why I'm more apt to make a mess!).
This weekend I have a whole list of cookies that I'm going to make, and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what's on your mind!