Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Time...

There's never enough, it never goes by how you want it, and you're always left wanting more. We're all given the same amount of time in our day...24 hours. Do you ever stop and think about how you use your time? I'm sure you can rattle off things you do like get up, eat, go to work, shop, etc, but what about all the time in between?
Are there things in life that you claim you would do if you had more time? I know I do, but guess what? We aren't going to be given more time. And, to be quite honest, we don't even know how much time we truly have. Not a single one of us knows the day of our last breath. We can't plan out our whole life because we don't know how long that life will be. Sure, we can plan to get a college degree, land a great job, meet someone, get married, start a family, retire, and live happily ever after, but what person doesn't think about that? I bet every person walking this earth has a plan rather similar to that one. It's the idea that we all grow up with, and I think at times we come to view ourselves as deserving of such things.
If you can't tell, I've been thinking a lot about time. I always wish I had more, and rarely do I stop to be thankful for what I have. But, reality is I don't. I can't count on having tomorrow, just as much as I can't count on the weather report being 100% accurate. Things change, and it all boils down to the fact that we aren't running the show...I'm not running the show. There are things in life that are a mystery, and how much time we have is one of them.
I've wrote before about how it's important to cherish the time that we have because we don't know how much we have left. And, in a way, this post is similar to that. But along with the thought of time being short, i'm trying to remember to not be disappointed with the time I do have. Instead of wishing that I had another hour to chat with a friend or another day to myself, I need to simply make the most of what I do have and be thankful for it. Instead of putting off plans for when the "time" is right, I need to jump at the opportunities that life presents.

Time is a gift...

What are you going to do with yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what's on your mind!